Monday, June 1, 2015

~Author Spotlight ~ Casey L. Bond~

*CASEY L. BOND*


AUTHOR BIO

Casey L. Bond lives in Milton, West Virginia with her husband and their two beautiful daughters. When she's not busy being a domestic goddess and chasing her baby girls, she loves to write young adult and new adult fiction.

Casey graduated from Hurricane High School in 1999. In 2003, she graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Marshall University in the field of Criminal Justice.

Ways to get in touch with Casey: 

Get To Know You

1~What made you want to write?

I've always loved to write but life after college became busy and I put it away for a time. The truth is that Twilight and my mama encouraged me to write. There was a story that wanted out of my head and now there are so many that I don't know that I'll ever find the time to write them. 

2~What genre(s) do you write in and why?

I write young adult and new adult books, but all of them have some sort of romantic element. I suppose that I write what I'd love to read. Dystopian is one of my favorite genres though.

3~What was the first book you ever wrote, no matter how young you were?

I always doodled and wrote little books as a child. The first book of significance was more of a journal in the eighth grade. Each day we were given a topic and told to write down our thoughts and feelings about it.

4~What is your favorite out of all of your books, published or not?

I think it's a tie between The Harvest Saga books and Catalyst, which actually relates to it and will release in a few days!

5~What makes this your favorite - a certain scene, character, plot?

I love dystopian, as you know, but it's a combination of the story itself and the characters in it. It's gripping, very different and yet can touch any age group.

6~What is your daily routine when it comes to writing?

I have two very small children, so there is no set routine, and for some reason, that works for me. When they both go to school in a couple of years, I will try to set a routine and stick with it the best I can.

7~What is something that you struggle with when it comes to writing?

Distraction. I'm like that dog on the movie HOME *Squirrel*. I get distracted by social media and things in daily life around my house that needs attention.

8~What is your favorite thing about writing?

I love crafting a story from start to finish, figuring out the characters and what makes them how they are. LOL :) It's more than just a hobby for me. Sometimes it's all-consuming. 

9~ Where do you get your ideas for writing?

Inspiration can come from music, pintrest, artwork, dreams, life itself. The possibilities are endless.

10~ Who is your author inspiration?

I fangirl hard over Amy Bartol. She's an amazing writer and just a great person. I didn't know what self-publishing was until I read her Premonition series and she mentioned it in part of the book's back matter.

11~What is your favorite book of all time?

The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. It's beautifully written and emotional. I also love Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice...because Darcy! LOL!

12~ Where do you see your writing career in 5 years?

My first year and a half has been phenomenal on so many levels and for varying reasons. I hope that people keep discovering my books and eventually to become a household name.

Thank you Casey for helping us get to know you! Is there anything else you would like to share?

Thanks to you and all of the bloggers who support me every day. Thanks to the readers who give my dreams wings. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since Casey brought up her new release, let's take a look at that!


Synopsis
The city of Confidence is surrounded by a thick, concrete wall. These walls are built to protect those within and to keep dangers outside. What happens when the only danger to the citizens within is its leadership?

When a young man on a suicide mission meets a young woman with a terminal illness, both of them use one another as a means to their own ends. 

They never expect to become friends.

They never expect to become so much more to each other.

Their backgrounds and the secrets they uncover are more dangerous than any plans they could make together or separately.

Revolution begins with a spark.




*RELEASED JUNE 3, 2015*

No comments:

Post a Comment