Thursday, June 11, 2015

Author Spotlight ~ Eva Gordon

EVA GORDON



About Eva

I write fantasy and paranormal novels with a strong romantic element. 
I love to create stories that combine my passion for mythology, romance and werewolf lore. 
I have a BS in Zoology and graduate studies in Biology. I have taught high school Biology, Environmental Science and Anatomy/Physiology. When not in my den writing, I enjoy world travel, steampunk conventions, hiking, raptor rehabilitation and wolf sanctuaries.
I also teach online workshops on wolf lore ancient falconry and animal lore for Romance Writers of America and other writer groups. If you are interested in my workshops, please contact me.


Interview with Eva


What made you want to write? 

Characters who live in fantastical worlds enter my mind and I can’t stop until their story is told.

What genre(s) do you write in and why? 

Paranormal romance, fantasy, steampunk and I love historical and science fiction. Actually, I like all genres because when it comes down to it, I love telling a story no matter the genre.

What was the first book you ever wrote, no matter how young you were? 

When I was ten, I kept a diary that I was an alien from another planet dropped on earth to observe humans. I had it for about a year.

What is your favorite out of all of your books, published or not? 

I love all my babies, but I have a soft spot for The Stone of the Tenth Realm, my epic fantasy first published by a UK Press and which I just re-released with updates and new cover.

And what makes this your favorite? A certain scene, character, plot? The Stone of the Tenth Realm is the story of a young woman who escapes a Nazi concentration camp and stumbles into a parallel world. In order to save both worlds, Adolf Hitler must be killed.

What is your daily routine when it comes to your writing? 

Coffee, check emails, and then get to writing.

What is something that you struggle with when it comes to writing? 

The only struggle I honestly have is on how to market my work. Money is required to pay for ads and marketing and I’m too broke writing.

What is your favorite thing about writing? 

Escaping reality.

Where do you get your ideas for writing? 

Myths and legends, but everyday life as well. There is magic in the ordinary. That delivery man might be a werewolf or the woman at the makeup counter might be a 1000 year old witch.

Who is your author inspiration and why? 

So many. I’m inspired by authors of numerous genres and time periods. From Franz Kafka to Diane Gabaldon, and hundreds in between.

What is your favorite book of all time and why? 

Again, I enjoy so many books I really don’t have an all time favorite.

Where do you see your writing career in 5 years? 

Dozens of more books.

Here's a list of Eva's works: 

These are all available everywhere, including Barnes & Noble, Kobo, iBooks, Amazon, etc

The Stone of the Tenth Realm
Hidden
Kept
Hunted
Lycan Gladiator
Hand of Miriam
Apocalyptic Moon
Raven Moon

Be on the lookout for Eva Gordon's future release(s): 

Blood of the Moon coming late Spring 2015
Slade coming August 2015
The Alchemist of the Tenth Realm coming December 2015.

Anything else you want to share?

I do animal lore presentations for writer groups and libraries.

Where You Can Find Eva



I thoroughly enjoyed speaking with Eva for this interview. I cannot wait to get into The Stone of the Tenth Realm, especially since it's only $3.99! Plus, I do love my fantasy books!!

No comments:

Post a Comment