Saturday, May 30, 2015

~Gladys Quintal~

~AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT~


*Gladys Quintal*


I have known Gladys Quintal for a little while and just love her to pieces! She is one of the nicest people that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Gladys also has the knack for writing awesome books, so I decided one day to see if she would be interested in coming on my blog. After talking, we decided that there is going to be a spotlight (today) so you all can get to know her a little better and come to love her as I do. Then, every little while, I will feature one of her books. I am not sure on the exact schedule yet, so you will just have to keep checking back! I asked Gladys a series of questions for you all to get a bit of insider information. So here you go:

1~WHAT MADE YOU WANT TO WRITE?

I honestly cannot remember a time when I wasn't writing. As a young child, I remember my teachers telling me at story time, to keep it short and not write a book! I used to write stories for my schoolmates and always received high marks for writing essays and poems. I think writing is part of me, a big part of me.

2~WHAT WAS THE FIRST BOOK YOU EVER WROTE, NO MATTER HOW YOUNG YOU WERE?

I never really tried to write a book until I was in my forties. I'd always wanted to, but just never actually sat down and started it. I began with my autobiography and had no idea what I was doing. The first book I published though, was the first book in The Dream Series (The Man of My Dreams).

3~WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE OUT OF ALL OF YOUR BOOKS, PUBLISHED OR NOT?

The first book, The Man of My Dreams is my favourite.

4~WHAT MAKES THIS BOOK YOUR FAVORITE; A CERTAIN SCENE, CHARACTER, OR PLOT?

It is my favourite because there is more of me in that book than any other. Cassie is based on me and the vigilante vampire that kills sex offenders was someone I invented as my hero.
*Blogger break-in~ I think it's awesome that the main characters' name is Cassie too! ;)

5~WHAT IS YOUR DAILY ROUTINE WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR WRITING?

Well now, this is where the problem lies! I am a stay at home mum and have to work around my kids and running the household. Writing should be my priority, but it isn't. I write when my daughter has a nap, is a kindy, or late at night when everyone else is in bed.

6~WHAT IS SOMETHING THAT YOU STRUGGLE WITH WHEN IT COMES TO WRITING?

Confidence, self-esteem, thinking that people are not going to like my books...
I don't get writer's block; I have so many stories inside of me that I could probably write non-stop without any problems. But the self-doubt that creeps in is my biggest problem. I will get down on myself and lose the urge to write.


7~WHO IS YOUR AUTHOR INSPIRATION AND WHY?

I actually have more than one. Diana Galbadon wrote the Outlander series, which is my favourite of all time, and I love how she has a Facebook page and interacts with her fans on a regular basis.
Anne Rice is another author that I admire for her honesty and the way she runs her Facebook page.
James Herbert was my favourite horror writter and a big influence on the way that I write.
Victoria Holt inspired me at a young age too.
Trevor Munson wrote the book that inspired the TV show, Moonlight. Moonlight was the show that prompted me to write the Man of My Dreams.

8~WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK OF ALL TIME AND WHY?

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I found her books when I was in my late twenties and my eldest daughter was very young. They were a wonderful escape for me and I fell in love with Jamie Fraser!

9~WHERE DO YOU SEE YOUR WRITING CAREER IN 5 YEARS?

Wow, that is a toughie. I really hope that I will be financially successful and be able to write full-time as my chosen career. That is my plan, anyway. I am hoping to be able to make a living out of writing and not to have to get a "real" job down the track. At the moment I try to publish 3-4 books a year, and that is writing part-time. To be able to do this as my job and be a real author - that is my dream!!


So there you go folks! That is an insight into the life of Gladys Quintal, Aussie terminology and all! For anyone who doesn't know of her books, I am including a complete list as of today:

The Dream Series (Paranormal Romance)
The Man of My Dreams
Be Careful What You Wish For
The Chosen One
Succubus: An Erotic Companion
A Match Made in Hell

Someone To Love Me Trilogy (Contemporary Romance)
Undeserving
Unforgiving
Understanding

Stand-alone Books
Entwined (New Adult/Suspense)

Formerly Me (Paranormal Romance)

The Hapless Harlot (New Adult/Suspense)

Life After Hell: Surviving Sexual Abuse (Autobiography)

Why Won't Someone Help Me? (Non-fiction)


Author Bio

A survivor of sexual abuse, I have recently written the true account of my childhood, titled: Life After Hell: Surviving Sexual Abuse. I have tried to convey what happened to me as well as my journey to finally getting justice.

A lot of my own experiences have gone into my fictional works, especially my first book, The Man of My Dreams. I created a vigilante vampire that rescues woman and children from rapists and child molesters...

I have loved vampires and the paranormal ever since I can remember and always envisioned myself writing a book or two on the subject. These characters I've created are very close to my heart and I hope you will come to love them as much as I have. 


Finding Gladys







No comments:

Post a Comment