Sunday, July 26, 2015

Author Spotlight~Annie Hughes!

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT


ANNIE HUGHES

Annie Hughes has been writing since she was a little girl, never leaving the house without a notebook. As a corporate stooge and single mother, she spends all of her free time reading, writing and drinking too much coffee (wine). Annie has a strong passion for the literary world and before writing her book, spent all of her time reviewing others. She also enjoys talking with all that read her book(s), her philosophy being that readers and authors are all part of the same world - a world where they are all enthusiastic about words.


INTERVIEW WITH ANNIE

What made you want to write?

Is it bad that I don't know? It's just something I've always done. I have to write, otherwise where will the crazy go?

What genre(s) do you write in?

My debut book is Young Adult, but I have plans to branch into New Adult, Contemporary Romance and maybe even a Dark Romance or Erotica.

What was the first book you ever wrote?

I wrote a short story when I was around 10 called "The Giant and Me". I think my mum still has it!

What is your favorite out of all of your books?

Arg, this changes all the time! It all depends, because sometimes my books make me bad, you know like when they refuse to be written *glares at laptop*. At the moment, I think probably my debut, "Breaking Free: Una Familia Segura". 

What makes this one your favorite; a certain scene, character, or plot?

I think probably all of the above. It was my first book, so it will always be special to me. But the main character, Anna, seals it. 

What is your daily routine when it comes to your writing?

I wish I had one!! I work full time in an office and so I write when I can. When I do get the time, it usually involves lots of coffee (or wine), The Foo Fighters in my ear - loud, and furious note taking. Plus, I always start a writing session with reading through what I've already written.

What is something that you struggle with when it comes to writing?

Time mostly, sometimes motivation. I only ever write when I really want to, I never force it. Sometimes I read books and I can just tell the author is writing because they need to, and not because they want to. It puts me off straight away. I don't wan that with my own work, I want my readers to know that I loved writing every single sentence in the book. 

What is your favorite thing about writing?

Oh, definitely living in my head for a while. Every single one of my characters is real to me, I think about them constantly. When I get really close to finishing a book, I get so lost in their world. That's my favorite part about writing, escaping reality for a while. 

Where do you get your ideas for writing?

Everywhere! Once I got an idea whilst waiting for the bus! I can't explain it, I just get them. Then when I have the initial idea, I write down some notes and it usually blossoms from there!

Who is your author inspiration?

Author inspiration...so many! I was a REALLY avid reader before I published anything of my own. Nora Roberts is a favorite of mine. The sheer volume of books she has published is amazing. I also love my indie authors though - Michelle Dare, Tricia Daniels, Alex Grayson - are just three of my favorites. Angie Martin is also amazing, she actually edited my first book and gave me advice that I would have been completely lost without.
*Bloggers comment: I agree with you Annie, Nora Roberts is my favorite of all time!! I have yet to read a Nora Roberts/JD Robb book I didn't love as much as the last!! <3 

What is your favorite book of all time?

The Interpretation of Murder by Jed Rubenfeld. I read this when I was a teen and now I have to re-read it at least three times per year. The writing is amazing.

Where do you see your writing career in 5 years?

Hopefully my writing career will get my arse on a sun lounger at the beach, sipping a cocktail out of a coconut cup *sigh*. But failing that, I'm hoping to have re
leased 15 books by 2020. I have most of them already started. 

A list of works:

Breaking Free: Una Familia Segure (9/19/14)
Breaking Free: Learning to Fly (7/17/15)
The Sound of You (in editing)

Any last thoughts?

I just want to say thank you! To you for having me here, to everyone that has read my books, my street team for being my strength when I have none, and my family and friends for understanding my crazy. I have met some of the most incredible people in this little online world of Indie books and I can't wait to get out there and meet more! 


ANNIE'S BOOKS


ONE-CLICK




ONE-CLICK



WHERE TO FIND HER

FACEBOOK

GOODREADS

No comments:

Post a Comment