Thursday, July 30, 2015

Tour/Interview~L.M. Pruitt, author of the Jude Magdalyn Series





Shades of Vengeance
Jude Magdalyn Series
Book Five
by L.M. Pruitt
Genre: Paranormal
Date of Publication: 04/30/15


SYNOPSIS


In moments of pain, we seek revenge.--Ami Ayalon 
My home is compromised. 
My children are gone. 
My husband is dead.
Every inch of my life is in ruins.
The only thing I have left is vengeance. 
And no matter what it takes--
no matter what tool must be used--
no matter the cost--
I will have it.




Shades of Loss
Jude Magdalyn Series
Book Four
by L.M. Pruitt
Genre: Paranormal
Release Date: February 17, 2014


SYNOPSIS

We have to distrust each other. 
It is our only defense against betrayal. 
Tennessee Williams.

Fact--Hart is back from the not-quite-dead. 
Fact--His ultimate goal is my death. 
Fact--He'll use anything--and anyone--to help him reach that goal. 

The only way to save myself--
my family--
the entire Covenant--
is to find the answer to one simple question. 

Who is the traitor?




Shades of Blood
Jude Magdalyn Series
Book Three
BY L.M. Pruitt
Genre: Paranomarl



SYNOPSIS

If it's not one thing, it's another.

Felipe, one of New Orleans's most infamous--
and crazy--vampires is back in town. 
And to say he's unhappy is an understatement.

Duprees and Williams have to track down Felipe, 
fast, before he claims any more victims. 
If that means making a deal with the Devil--
otherwise known as St. Germaine--
and using an untrained dhampir, so be it.

If that wasn't enough, 
I've also got rebellious teenagers, 
feuding couples, 
and a suddenly full social calendar.

The more things change....





Shades of Desire
Jude Magdalyn Series
Book Two
BY L.M. Pruitt
Genre: Paranormal


SYNOPSIS

All I wanted was a little peace and quiet.

Instead, I've got dead Covenant members
and a steady stream of letters 
from the new guy in town. 
His beverage of choice? 
A 2002 Merlot, with a shot or two
 of powerful virgin blood.

On top of that, 
I'm breaking in a new police liaison,
 failing at playing matchmaker, 
and fighting nausea like it's a full time job.

Did I forget to mention that I've 
also got enough girls living at the Crossroads
 to start my own boarding school?

Peace and quiet? Out the window.

--Jude Magdalyn Henries




Shades of Gray
Jude Magdalyn Series
Book One
BY L.M. Pruitt



SYNOPSIS


Jude Magdalyn Henries lives what many would call an unconventional life. 

Orphaned at birth, raised by nuns, a teenage runaway living on the streets... she now earns a living at odd jobs, including one as a fake tarot card reader. Very little about Jude's life appears normal, by any scale. When she accepts a gig to do a private reading, 

unconventional takes on an entirely new meaning. Life as she knows it ends when she's thrust into a world she never knew existed-one filled with magic, vampires, and her beloved New Orleans on the verge of an underground war. To make matters worse, she's got two men in her life vying for attention, Williams and Theo. Both call to a different part of her, but one scares her just a little bit. Can she step up to the challenges set before her and make the right choices for the "greater" greater good"?




INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR


What made you want to write?

--I’ve always been a lover of stories, no matter the format—books, movies, songs, and so on. One day, I decided I wanted to be someone who told stories as well as someone who enjoyed them.

What genre(s) do you write in?

--Most of my work is in paranormal romance and urban fantasy, because those are the genres I read the most myself.

What was the first book you ever wrote?

--I remember being in middle school and passing a notebook around with my friends—we’d each write a chapter and then pass to the next person. I have no idea what it was about but I do remember we kept it going for maybe half the school year.

What is your favorite out of all of your books, published or not? 

--I can’t say I have one specific favorite book but my favorite series is the Winged series. 

And what makes this your favorite? A certain scene, character, plot? 

--This was a story I’d wanted to write for a long time and I kept putting it off to focus on works readers were asking me for. Finally, I decided to just write what I wanted to and it was one of the best decisions ever.

What is your daily routine when it comes to your writing?

--I don’t have one. It took me a long time to figure out that I am not the sort of writer who does well 
with routines, at least not for the long haul—eventually I get bored with them and rebel.

What is something that you struggle with when it comes to writing?

--Knowing that simply because I have the ability to write a book in two weeks doesn’t mean I actually have to write a book in two weeks. I’ve always been very hard on myself in terms of production and timelines but I’m learning to be a little easier.

What is your favorite thing about writing?

--Just telling stories. As I said previously, I’ve always been a big lover of stories so finally being able to share mine with others is truly wonderful.

Where do you get your ideas for writing?

--Anywhere and everywhere—conversations, songs, dreams. There really is no limit to where I find 
inspiration.

Who is your author inspiration?

--I would have to say Nora Roberts, both for the sheer number of books she’s written and the emotion she’s able to invoke.

***Blogger comment~Nora Roberts is my favorite author!!!


What is your favorite book of all time?

--There is no possible way I could answer this question—at least not with one choice that I would stick to permanently.

Where do you see your writing career in 5 years?

--Doing very, very awesome things.


COME BACK TOMORROW FOR
REVIEWS OF ALL 5 BOOKS
AND MORE INFORMATION 
ABOUT THE SERIES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment